At Know Your Customer, we provide next-generation digital onboarding solutions to financial institutions around the world. We have offices in Hong Kong, Dublin, Singapore, London, and Shanghai and our team members are spread across seventeen countries and four continents, with most of us working remotely. We are a highly digital, fast-moving company with lots of enthusiasm for what we do and a collective growth mindset.
We are currently seeking a business development associate who is highly motivated and able to play a key role in driving revenue across APAC through the promotion of the business and marketing of products to new and existing clients.
As the Business Development Associate for APAC, your key responsibilities will include:
- Build and embed a long-term trusted advisor relationship within assigned accounts;
- Focus on maintaining overall customer engagement and growing new and existing client revenue;
- Provide detailed feedback to our product development team to help us continuously improve so we can anticipate our client’s future needs;
- Work as part of a global team to implement and develop the sales and marketing strategy and drive revenue and growth;
- Contribute to the annual business plan of the business in terms of growth and revenue for the APAC market;
- Identify parties with whom the business can form strategic partnerships for marketing purposes;
- Have or gain a detailed knowledge of Anti Money Laundering (“AML”) legislation for APAC as well as provide updates on proposed changes to AML legislation;
- Monitor for changes to, and the introduction of new data sources specific to the APAC market;
- Have or gain a basic understanding of AML requirements for the other jurisdictions covered by the business with a view to cross selling to APAC clients with a global presence;
- Gain an understanding of the technical and security features of the products offered;
- Work with the IT technical team to resolve any issues or address customer specific requirements;
- Develop a knowledge of competitor firms within the APAC region and monitor their offerings;
- Co-ordinate and oversee the holding of marketing events within APAC which may include attendance at promotional events as a representative of the company;
- Monitor and make proposals to the board of directors on pricing strategies specific to the APAC market in the context of market and economic developments.
- At least 5 years’ prior experience working in an account/relationship management or sales role within financial services
- Excellent academic background, ideally with a professional qualification
- A quick learner able to self-manage, use their initiative and demonstrate excellent time management and organisational skills
- Banks and FSI client network strongly preferred
- Prior experience with a tech start-up or compliance company a plus
- Experience with Salesforce
Candidates with prior experience in the financial service industry will be given priority.
This position is for candidates based in Hong Kong or Singapore and with the ability to work from home. You may be required to travel to other APAC countries in the future and pending travel restrictions.
How the application process works
- Please upload your CV along with a comprehensive cover letter stating how your experience would specifically adapt to this position.
- If the experience outlined in your CV and cover letter matches our requirements, you will be invited to a video interview.
We will only consider independent contractors, agencies please do not apply.